The latest firmware for Linx 1020 tablets with Intel Atom 8300 and 8350
The manufacturers also advise that the ‘Fast Startup’ option within Windows is disabled, as this is causing power and battery related issues, too. Follow the steps below:
- Go to ‘Control Panel‘. (In the search box on the taskbar, type Control Panel, and then select Control Panel)
- In the search box, type ‘Power‘ and the window should now show the title ‘Power Options‘ in green.
- Under this title, select ‘Change what the power buttons do‘ and another window should pop up.
- Select ‘Change settings that are currently unavailable‘ (written in blue above the Power and Sleep button settings)
- Uncheck ‘Turn on fast startup (recommended)‘. (If the option is already unchecked, then check it and follow step 6, and then follow steps 1-6 once more).
- Save changes, and restart your device.
- MAKE SURE ANY SD CARDS AND USB DEVICES ARE UNPLUGGED AND TAKEN OUT OF THE TABLET DURING THE UPDATE.
- ENSURE THAT DEVICE ENCRYPTION IS TURNED OFF OR THAT YOU HAVE YOUR BITLOCKERS KEY AVAILABLE PRIOR TO CARRYING OUT THE BIOS UPDATE.
- ENSURE THAT THE DEVICE IS FULLY CHARGED AND PLUGGED IN TO THE CHARGER
- Extract the zip file.
- Run H2OFFT-W.exe.
- Remember to ensure device is charged to 20% and run directly from the tablet and not from USB stick.